This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc-in-cxx branch created
- From: Ivan Levashew <I dot Levashew at bluebottle dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 17:07:02 +0700
- Subject: Re: gcc-in-cxx branch created
- References: <email@example.com>
Ian Lance Taylor пишет:
Well, C's macros are ugly, but C++ isn't a way to go either. The fact
that C++ is partially implemented in GCC and belongs to the GCC main
distribution is the only excuse for choosing C++.
As I promised at the summit today, I have created the branch
gcc-in-cxx (I originally said gcc-in-c++, but I decided that it was
better to avoid possible meta-characters). The goal of this branch is
to develop a version of gcc which is compiled with C++. Here are my
presentation slides in PDF format: http://airs.com/ian/cxx-slides.pdf .
If you want to get to the top, you have to start at the bottom