This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc-in-cxx branch created
- From: Thomas Neumann <tneumann at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:59:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc-in-cxx branch created
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2008-06-17 23:01, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> As I promised at the summit today, I have created the branch
> gcc-in-cxx (I originally said gcc-in-c++, but I decided that it was
> better to avoid possible meta-characters). The goal of this branch is
> to develop a version of gcc which is compiled with C++.
I have a patch that allows to build a working gcc (--enable-languages=c
only) with a C++ compiler. Are you interested in it?
I tried to get parts of it into mainline but as my patches were mostly
ignored I stopped tracking mainline, so it is a bit bitrotten. If you
are interested I could try to bring it back into shape for the current
One thing that I noticed is that even new code frequently breaks C++
compatibility. People are very fond of using C++ keywords as variable