Re: gcc-in-cxx branch created

Hi,

On 2008-06-17 23:01, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> As I promised at the summit today, I have created the branch
> gcc-in-cxx (I originally said gcc-in-c++, but I decided that it was
> better to avoid possible meta-characters).  The goal of this branch is
> to develop a version of gcc which is compiled with C++.
I have a patch that allows to build a working gcc (--enable-languages=c
only) with a C++ compiler. Are you interested in it?
I tried to get parts of it into mainline but as my patches were mostly
ignored I stopped tracking mainline, so it is a bit bitrotten. If you
are interested I could try to bring it back into shape for the current
mainline.

One thing that I noticed is that even new code frequently breaks C++
compatibility. People are very fond of using C++ keywords as variable
names...

Thomas