Re: [lto] function to DECL associations for WPA repackaging

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com> wrote:
> On 6/13/08 3:27 AM, Richard Guenther wrote:
>
>> But probably pulling them in on-demand is
>> a more practical approach (after all this huge number of vars is
>> also the cause of the slowness of alias computation and partitioning
>> in this testcase).
>
> I agree, and the end result would be the same.  By the time we're ready to
> stream out gimple_referenced_vars(), all the symbols we need should be in
> that vector.

I don't know about the serialization issues - if you load all global
decls all the time we should be fine, but otherwise you would need to be
able to re-cherry-pick more globals during local optimizations (or de-serialize
all reachable globals like we have now in referenced_vars, but do not
put the into the referenced_vars immediately).

Richard.