Re: constified note_stores

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 08:27:43PM +0200, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> Actually, hold on a second please.  You're only talking in terms of
> solutions.  But what *exactly* are you trying to do?  You ave to
> modify the SET_SRC of some SETs.  What do these SET_SRCs look like?
> This is important, because if you are only looking at registers, maybe
> you can easily access them through DF_INSN_DEFS.

I am looking for special CONSTs that appear either as SET_SRC or as
memory addresses in SET_SRC or SET_DEST.

If I find a CONST with a specific UNSPEC there which is not hash table
yet, I emit some code; the CONST is then replaced with a SYMBOL_REF.

Or if you want the more abstract description, I'm shifting the burden of
profiling from the callee to the caller, thus saving some time and memory
for profiling, and getting acceptable profiling results when the libraries
contain only callgraph information instead of actual instrumentation -
i.e. we can do profiling without libg.a .