Re: gcc-get enabling-only subscription?

>   You could sub up to the digest mode, which might at least be less of a
> burden,

It would reduce the number of messages, but the volume would still be
very high.

> but we can't let the list manager answer GET requests from
> non-subscribers, because "non-subscribing email address" means "non-validated
> unconfirmed email address", and we'd get people sending it fakemails in order
> to mailbomb the forged "From:" address by backscatter effect.

That's why I asked if there was a subscription for the purposes of gcc-get
only.  I originally thought it would be sufficient to subscribe to
gcc-announce, as this already verifies my email address, but apparently
that is not good enough.