Re: Should we update __builtin_ia32_palignr?

H.J. Lu wrote:

We currently define __builtin_ia32_palignr as

long long __builtin_ia32_palignr (long long, long long, int)

But it really should be

v1di __builtin_ia32_palignr (v1di, v1di, int)

Fix it won't affect sources which use intrinsics defined
in tmmintrin.h. But it may affect codes which use
__builtin_ia32_palignr directly. But I don't think there
are many users who use MMX version of gcc SSSE3
builtins directly. Should I submit a patch to change it?
Builtins are considered as internal gcc infrastructure, so they can be changed at will as long as published interface (intrinsics in header files) are kept the same.

Uros.