Re: Failure in bootstrapping gfortran-4.4.0-20080425 on Cygwin

FX wrote:
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Well, as it says so well, we need to see your config.log if we want to have any idea at all what's happening. That should be the file in intl/config.log.

There's nothing there to enlighten me. Apparently, the stage 1 gcc is broken.
Cygwin native built gfortran 4.4 was already broken, even when it was making it through bootstrap and testsuite. All comments I've received told me I was wasting my time with it.