Re: dg-skip-if on powerpc when multiple cpu cflags specified

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 17:54 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Not knowing the internal details of the test harness, I
> would make an ignorant guess that the command line
> should be checked before it is executed.  If it has multiple
> -mcpu/-march options and they were not all the same, the
> test should be skipped.
>
> Is that kind of the logic we need even if the implementation
> is way off?

When you put it that way it sounds very simple!  Something like

/* { dg-options "-mcpu=xxx" } */
/* { dg-skip-if-incompatible-options } */

where dg-skip-if-incompatible-options starts out by looking for
multiple instances of non-identical -mcpu= or -march= and then
gets refined over time.  There's already code in check_flags in
target-supports-dg.exp to gather together all the various flags
that will be used for a test.

I'll investigate.

Janis