gfortran+libcpp: linking objects from c-compiler

Hi all.

To integrate libcpp into gfortran, I copy/adapt quite some code from the c
frontend. For include-path handling, I found that I can nicely re-use the
functions defined in c-incpath.c and exported by c-incpath.h. Now, linking
gfortran, the linker of course complains about undefined references, namely
app_path() and register_include_chains().

Is it acceptable to simply link in the C-frontend object to gfortran (as C is
a required language and the .o file will be available)? Do I need to do
something else in addition or instead, like renaming or moving functions,
pushing them to a library or anything else?

Comments are highly welcome!

Regards

	Daniel