Re: gcc for Linux/x86 vs. Solaris/x86

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Denys Vlasenko
<vda.linux@googlemail.com> wrote:
>  In this case I used it as an example why expecting gcc
>  (and probably any other compiler) to generate
>  ideantical assembly from same source on different OS
>  is unrealistic.

You can generate identical assembly from the same source on different
OS as if you are using the same source, the preprocessed source will
be same :).  That is what we always mean by the same source really, we
are talking about post preprocessed.  Of course Fortran and Ada and
Java don't have header issues :).

-- Pinski