This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Combined gcc + binutils source tree doesn't bootstrap
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:22:14 -0700
- Subject: Combined gcc + binutils source tree doesn't bootstrap
I combined the current gcc and binutils mainlines into a combined
gcc + binutils source tree. When I tried to bootstrap it on
Linux/ia32 and Linux/Intel64 with shared library enabled, it went
to infinit loop when as or ld from stage 2 was used. The problem is
ld-new tries to use itself to relink itself when it is invoked
first time. How should gcc and libtool handle it properly? I
think collect-ld should be modified.