Re: How to understand gcc source code?

Andrew Pinski wrote:
Here are some answers from a PS3 prosective.

The mean code size is around 200 million lines or so. The final binary results anywhere between 20 Megs to 40 Megs.

Are you sure of that figure? 200MLOC for a single program? That is huge! Even for all the software installed on a PS3 it might be a lot (I read that an entire Debian distribution was less than a 1000GLOC at least a few years ago, and I would suppose that the PS3 has much less).
http://www.dwheeler.com/sloc/ says that Debian3.1 was 230MLOC!

And I have the naive feeling that on game machines, the non-code data (in particular images, movies, videos, sounds) was bigger than the code (executable instructions).