GNU linker ld

Hi

I am in the process of verifying that the GNU linker (gcc 3.3.2 VxWorks AE653) does not introduce untraceable object code when creating an executable image.

This involves verifying the affects of code relocation, copying of code from ROM to RAM etc. the documentation for which I can locate. However, does ld include a decompression feature, ie. compressed ROM section decompressed into RAM? If so where can I find documentation for this and any other relevant (to embedded applications) feature?

Target is PowerPC (MPC603/604) embedded .

Thanks

Duncan

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/