Re: gcc-4.1-20080303 is now available

> My understanding is that *users* of GCC are not impacted by the license
> change.  When users compile their code, they only care about the runtime
> licenses as written into the GPL+exception clauses.

You mean they only *should* care about that.  But in practice, many
corporate legal departments don't have the understanding that we have
and think they *do* need to care.  This has been a serious issue with
adopting GPL'ed software in many large companies.  The transition to
GPLv3 makes this worse because they may have to do the analysis all
over again.