Re: gcc-4.1-20080303 is now available

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 05:58:12PM -0500, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> >  > Do we still want to keep this branch alive?
> >
> >  Looking at the changes that were made in the last three months still,
> >  it seems the branch is still surprisingly alive, so it may not yet be
> >  the time to close it.  Personally I don't have a preference either way,
> >  but I'll update our main page to reflect the current status (no new
> >  releases, among others) a bit better and if the decision is to close
> >  it down volunteer to take the necessary steps.
>
> The alternative would to be to make a final release and close it.
> We have two options.  What do people think?

Wow.  I just counted.

The snapshot has 85 PR's fixed in the core compiler, and 24 in the C++ front end,
since 4.1.2.

"Amazingly active" is right.  I think that an official release should be
put out containing those fixes; they've gotten lots of testing since
4.1-based distros are using those fixes, if I understand correctly.

Not even sure that we should close the branch if there's that much fixing
going on.