Re: [RFC] GCC caret diagnostics

On Mar 13, 2008, at 4:58 PM, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:

On 13/03/2008, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

How about -fshow-caret instead of -fdiagnostics-show-caret?
(By analogy with -fshow-column.)

Manuel> Well, we have -fdiagnostics-show-option and
Manuel> -fdiagnostics-show-location. So 2 versus 1. ;-) That said, I would
Manuel> also prefer -fshow-option and -fshow-location.

Yeah. "diagnostics" is too long to type, and "ambiguously plural", if
you know what I mean.

Chris,

Does clang have a -fno-show-caret or -fno-diagnostics-show-caret
options? Compatibility with clang may incline the balance towards one
or another for me. If not, I think I will go for -fshow-caret.

clang has these two. I think GCC has the second one already:

-fno-caret-diagnostics - Do not include source line and caret with diagnostics
-fno-show-column - Do not include column number on diagnostics

-Chris