Re: testsuite run-time test for sse2 support

Thank you.  I will rerun the tests on this target overnight
with this change along with disabling profiling tests
for *-*-rtems*.

It looks like the wheat and chafe are separating a bit. :)

--joel

Uros Bizjak wrote:
Joel Sherrill wrote:

This is with the Fedora 8 qemu 0.90 RPM.  There was a 0.91
release in January and the ChangeLog mentions a new cpu model
command line option.  It looks like it might be better although
another command line I was using broke. <sigh>

Just to be sure this looks OK in qemu 0.9.1, here is the output
of the test program with the supported cpu models:

-cpu 486 results in

   ext=0x0 sig=0x756e6547 returned=0x0
   __get_cpuid returned 0

-cpu pentium results in
   ext=0x0 sig=0x756e6547 returned=0x1
   0x8001bf NO on SSE2

-cpu pentium2 results in
   ext=0x0 sig=0x756e6547 returned=0x2
   0x183f9ff NO on SSE2

-cpu pentium3 results in
   ext=0x0 sig=0x756e6547 returned=0x2
   0x383f9ff NO on SSE2

And this one just to keep things weird. Does it make sense?

Yes, these make sense.

-cpu qemu32 results in
ext=0x0 sig=0x756e6547 returned=0x2
0x781abfd YES on SSE2
I never heard of x86 processor named qemu32. ;)

Uros.

  Support Available             (256) 722-9985