Re: gcc 4.3.0 i386 default question

David Edelsohn wrote:
Joel Sherrill writes:

Joel> Those all look like checks to see if the compiler itself Joel> supports Altivec -- not a run-time check on the hardware Joel> like the Neon check_effective_target_arm_neon_hw appears Joel> to be.

Look at check_vmx_hw_available again.
Whoops.  That one does indeed check it.  And the RTEMS
target has an ugly exception.  The next set of failures below
that point are not altivec related.   I see a block of failures
like this:

FAIL: gcc.misc-tests/bprob-1.c execution: file bprob-1.gcda does not exist, -fprofile-arcs

And this:

FAIL: gcc.target/powerpc/405-mullhw-1.c scan-assembler mullhw

Are those things which would be expected to fail on a vanilla
603e target without networking or disk?

Is this another category of tests to avoid somehow?

-joel
David

  Support Available             (256) 722-9985