Re: Linux doesn't follow x86/x86-64 ABI wrt direction flag

Hi,

According to i386 psABI,

---
The direction flag must be set "forward" direction before entry and
upon exit from
a function.
---

So, asm statement should make sure that the direction flag is cleared before
function returns and kernel should make sure that the direction flag is cleared
when calling a signal handler.

H.J.