Re: Interoperability of Fortran array and C vector?

Sa Liu wrote:
I noticed that in fortran/convert.c the convert() function calls convert_to_vector() if the target type is VECTOR_TYPE. When is that function triggered in Fortran frontend? Since Fortran language doesn't support vector type, why does it convert something to a vector expression?

At the top it says: /* This file contains the functions for converting C expressions to different data types. The only entry point is `convert'. Every language front end must have a `convert' function but what kind of conversions it does will depend on the language. */

/* copied from the f77 frontend I think */

/* copied from c-convert.c without significant modification*/

I don't think this file has ever been modified in any non-mechanical way. So I'd assume that its contents are historical / accidental.

Cheers,
- Tobi

--
Tobias Schlüter