Re: Swing replacements

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, geodejerry@jeffnet.org wrote:

I have a stand-alone, non-Web-based app. that I'd like to
distribute as a .exe with some database files, to a layman
audience, and I'd like to avoid issues of JRE distribution and
compatibility, etc. So I'm hoping someone, somewhere, has
written a replacement framework for Java's GUI classes. Can
you by any chance point me in such a direction?

I haven't used it myself, but SwingWT (http://swingwt.sourceforge.net/) in combination with SWT might be be what you're looking for. See also (http://thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm). BTW, java@gcc.gnu.org is a more appropriate list for further discussion, at least concerning GCJ.