This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Copy constructor access check while initializing a reference
- From: "Gabriel Dos Reis" <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: "Peter A. Felvegi" <petschy at praire-chicken dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 00:06:07 -0600
- Subject: Re: Copy constructor access check while initializing a reference
- References: <47CCA302.email@example.com>
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Peter A. Felvegi
> i've found this in the known non-bugs list
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html#known), after running into the issue. gcc
> 3.4-4.2 gives a compile error, but 4.3 compiles it. is this a
> regression, or the rules were relaxed somewhat (c++0x?) ? i checked the
> changelog, but couldn't find any relevant entries there.
> could someone explain the rationale behind this extra access check,
> please? i'm puzzled, since the copy ctor is not needed and is not called
> from the generated code.