This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Release planning for GCC 4.4?
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Andrey Belevantsev" <abel at ispras dot ru>
- Cc: "GCC mailing list" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:20:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: Release planning for GCC 4.4?
- References: <47CC24A9.email@example.com>
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Andrey Belevantsev <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> As GCC 4.3 is almost out of the door, I thought it possible to ask
> whether there will be a release plan for GCC 4.4 similar to the ones for
> previous releases. The reason I'm asking is that myself and my
> colleagues are working on preparing the selective scheduler branch for
> inclusion in mainline. We'll need another month for the final cleanup
> and compile time tuning of the scheduler, so we plan to submit it
> sometimes in April. I would like to avoid any possible conflicts with
> other projects (though this work is unlikely to conflict with others I
> know of, except maybe Vlad's register allocator), and I think that the
> idea of a release plan used for previous development cycles worked quite
I will post a rough schedule for 4.4 shortly together with an updated