This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Possible GCC 4.3 driver regression caused by your patch
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip dot com dot au>
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 13:17:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: Possible GCC 4.3 driver regression caused by your patch
- References: <20080301225746.GA25180@eyo32.local>
Greg Schafer wrote:
Hi Carlos and Mark,
Your "Relocated compiler should not look in $prefix" patch here:
appears to have caused a regression in my GCC 4.3 testing.
In summary, there is a small window *during the GCC build itself* where GCC
does not pick up the correct startfiles. For example, when GCC_FOR_TARGET is
called to build the target libraries, the startfiles in $prefix/lib are not
used. Instead, the startfiles from the host's /usr/lib are used which breaks
my build. Note that the problem seems to rectify itself once the just-built
GCC is installed into $prefix.
Here's the scenario:
- Native build
- Glibc already installed in /temptools/lib
What options did you use to configure the compiler? Could you double
check your host system is actually i686-pc-linux-gnu? When you say
"breaks my build", what error are you seeing?
(650) 331-3385 x716