This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Issues stopping us from removing libcall notes
- From: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, "Hubicha, Jan" <jh at suse dot cz>
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:26:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: Issues stopping us from removing libcall notes
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Steven Bosscher wrote:
> Every time someone brings up the idea to remove libcall notes, people
> have to think really hard why GCC still has them. It seemed like a
> good idea to record and collect these issues in a meta-bug. Thus, see
> PR35413. Please open a new bug report (enhancement request, probably)
> for things that GCC still needs libcalls for, and make your new bug
> report block PR34513. Of course, it'd help if you then go on and
> remove that dependency on libcall notes ;-)
note that steven listed two bugzilla's. The correct number is 35413.
It is remarkable that i was able to notice this with my dyslexia.