Re: birthpoints in rtl.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@gnu.org> wrote:

>  > Thanks for the quick response.  As it turns out, the libcall issue will
>  > soon be gone, as bonzini will be deleting them.  We have finally
>  > overcome that issue.
>
>  Not really.  There seems always to be something that prevents them from
>  being deleted, and I have no time to spend on GCC at work right now.  I
>  believe Steven Bosscher has more detail on that than I do.

We had this discussion last year. The only reason to still have
libcalls was for TLS address calls.  You already fixed that. To the
best of my knowledge the only other thing libcalls are still "useful"
for, is scheduling of groups of insns (iirc it's SCHED_GROUP_P or
something like that). And didn't you mention an fwrapv issue that's
currently papered over by libcall notes??

Gr.
Steven