Re: How to rebuild GCC?

Jaishri wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am beginner in GCC. I want to make few changes in source code. What are
> the steps that I need to do to get the changes in effect and to test the
> changes?
> Any help is appreciated.

I'm also a beginner, so I'll try my best but I cannot ensure you that my
'howto' is error prone (do not shoot at the pianist, please. He's doing
his best...).

So...

If you are using a Debian, first execute this:
su -c 'apt-get build-dep gcc-4.3'

This will sort out all the stupid 'I miss this package'.

Then:

1) Create a 'build' directory:
mkdir build && cd build

2) Execute the configure:
../src/configure --enable-languages=c,c++

3) The usual:
make && su -c 'make install'

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury

A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.
  -- Oscar Wilde