Re: Redundant logical operations left after early splitting

Dave Korn wrote:
On 20 February 2008 16:34, Jeff Law wrote:

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Is there any particular function or pass that should be dealing with
IOR rx,0 - that I could trace thru and figure out why it does not
like it (or never gets there)?
I would be looking in combine and simplify-rtx (which is called by
combine).  If your splitter triggers after combine, then I'm not
immediately sure where to look -- I'm not offhand aware of a pass
after combine which would call into simplify-rtx to perform this
optimization.
Me neither, but this

could be a place where it is done.

I'm still looking at this, but I don't see much of a chance to attack
this specific problem in the combiner.

I'm thinking this is going to need to be attacked along one of three
lines:

In the meantime, Andy's quickest and safest option is probably to use peepholes to eliminate the redundant insns altogether, rather than having to replace them with nops.
Probably true.

Jeff