Re: bootstrap broken on mingw

Weddington, Eric wrote:

Yes, because the one provided with MSYS is from texinfo 4.3, which GCC finds too old. Apparently, MSYS-1.0.11 will come with texinfo 4.11, but it's still labeled "technology preview" for now.

I'm in the same boat here, msys-1.0.10, texinfo 4.3.

Is it the case that if you were to install texinfo 4.11, then it would build? If so, I think we should just add a release note that you can't build the documentation with the standard installation of MinGW due to this issue, and, perhaps, automatically disable building it on MinGW systems.

Or, is it the case that the patch to use abs_srcdir means that no matter what Texinfo you have, it's not going to work on MinGW?

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery