This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Replying to a mailing list thread
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Rodrigo Dominguez <rdomingu at ECE dot NEU dot EDU>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 17:48:52 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Replying to a mailing list thread
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Rodrigo Dominguez wrote:
> This sounds like a trivial question but I wasn't able to find any
> information on the Mailing List webpage:
> How do you reply to a thread in the mailing lists?
(s/mailing lists/mailing list archives on gcc.gnu.org/)
Sheesh, don't people look up how things work these days? :)
Look for the "Other format: raw text" link. Download the
message. Extract the "Message-id:" header. Insert it with the
reply in your mailer (which needs to support inserting arbitrary
headers) but rename the header to "In-reply-to:" and of course
change back the spam-detergent-munged "dot"s and "at"s.