Re: Replying to a mailing list thread

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Rodrigo Dominguez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This sounds like a trivial question but I wasn't able to find any
> information on the Mailing List webpage:
>
> How do you reply to a thread in the mailing lists?

(s/mailing lists/mailing list archives on gcc.gnu.org/)
Sheesh, don't people look up how things work these days? :)
Totally untested:
Look for the "Other format: raw text" link.  Download the
message.  Extract the "Message-id:" header.  Insert it with the
reply in your mailer (which needs to support inserting arbitrary
headers) but rename the header to "In-reply-to:" and of course
change back the spam-detergent-munged "dot"s and "at"s.

brgds, H-P