Re: Replying to a mailing list thread

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, NightStrike wrote:

> On 2/2/08, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Exactly!
> >
> > Aaaah, I see.
> >
> > > What do you mean by the "mailer daemon message request feature" and how do
> > > I use it?
> >
> > The WELCOME mail you get after subscribng to any of the lists
> > describes the administrative commands for the list, which allow you to
> > fetch old messages.

Do I need to subscribe to the mailing list in order to run this commands?
I don't want to start getting tons of emails when anyone posts to the
list. There should be a way to do this without subscribing. Otherwise,
what if tomorrow I want to reply to a thread from a different list? Would
I have to subscribe to that list too???

> > Jon
> >

> I thought this, too, but I just checked (having recently subscribed, I
> still had the welcome email).  The email doesn't contain any of the
> instructions I thought it did.  Instead, you have to send a message to
> Bug-coreutils-request@gnu.org with "help" in the body to receive the
> email with all the instructions that typically come in the welcome
> email.

I tried sending an email to Bug-coreutils-request@gnu.org but the help
message doesn't say anything about how to reply to an specific thread. It
has information about administring your Bug-coreutils account.

Rodrigo