Re: Replying to a mailing list thread

On 02/02/2008, Rodrigo Dominguez wrote:

> How do you reply to a thread in the mailing lists? The only way I can
> think of is sending an email with the same subject and copy/paste the
> thread into the email body. Will this work?

No.  Just use the "reply" function of your mail program. If you send a
new email with the same subject it probably won't be considered part
of the same thread.  If you reply to a previous mail (and you don't
have a broken email program) it will just work, the details are
off-topic here.

> Will my email be added to the
> active thread (I don't want the system to create a new thread)? Is there a
> better way to do it beside copy/pasting?

Your email program should be able to include the content of the mail
you're replying to.  If it can't, get a new email program.

Jon