This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.3.0 Status Report (2008-01-28)
- From: "Doug Gregor" <doug dot gregor at gmail dot com>
- To: "Richard Guenther" <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:03:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.3.0 Status Report (2008-01-28)
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 5:22 AM, Richard Guenther <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> We are in Stage 3 and the trunk is open for regression and documentation
> fixes only. When we reach zero open P1 regressions, we will create a
> release candidate for 4.3.0, branch and announce the opening of Stage 1
> for 4.4.
The may_alias patch here
fixes a regression against older versions of GCC (pre-4.0) along with
another problem (that we never got right before). The regression
itself will only show up under --enable-checking, so this is one of
those low-risk, low-reward patches. But, it's simple and it fixes two
PRs. Okay to commit?