Re: GCC 4.3 target deprecation proposals

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 11:16:43PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, DJ Delorie wrote:
>
> > At the moment, I'm working on getting sh, h8300, and m32c in shape for
> > 4.3 (or future).  I can easily get the test results under 400k by
> > removing some of the multilibs, but I don't think that's a good idea.
> > My sh-elf test tests 38 multilibs, if I only test one that would be a
> > 12k email, which would easily fit past the filters.  Are we
> > artificially penalizing targets with many multilibs?
>
> If results are being rejected without indicating the target is in terrible
> shape, you could ask overseers to increase the size limit on
> gcc-testresults.

Or the test script could be fixed to pre-scan the message instead of just
piping it to a mailer.  If its size exceeds some limit (say 300k), the
mail could be replaced by a shortened form, giving only the total numbers
of failures with a big message at the beginning indicating that the
message was truncated because of the massive number of failures.