GCC 4.3.0 Status Report (2008-01-11)

Status
======

We are in Stage 3.  When we reach 100 open regressions, we will go to
regression-only mode.  When we approach the 4.3.0 release, we will
create a branch, and open Stage 1 for 4.4.0.

Quality Data
============

Significant progress has been made during the last week, also thanks to
only very few bugs newly appearing.  Thanks to everyone who helped with
fixing the bugs.

Priority	  #	Change from Last Report
--------	---	-----------------------
P1		 18     - 13
P2		 92	-  6
P3		  2	-  3
--------	---	-----------------------
Total		112	- 22

Particularly, in comparison to last report, 16 P1, 8 P2 and 2 P3 bugs
were fixed, 2 new P1 and 2 new P2 appeared and one P3 became P1.

8 out of the 18 P1 bugs are regressions since 4.2, the rest are regressions
from earlier releases.

Issues
======

To get the numbers further down, bugs need to be fixed at least at the
current rate, as we can't count on so few new bugs appearing each week.

There are 4 wrong-code C++ bugs related to bitfields (2x P1, 2x P2),
something which would be desirable to get fixed before the release.
AFAIK bitfields in C++ have been a problem in G++ for a long time,
but each release seems to have different bugs in this area.

5 P2 bugs are related to variadic templates, so error handling for
variadic templates still needs some work.

Previous Report

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2008-01/msg00023.html