[RFC] porting to gcc-4.3 docs

Hello all.

As many know, various linux distributors are working on re-compiling
their distros with GCC mainline in the hopes of helping GCC 4.3
stabilize. As part of this effort, many bugs have been filed in GCC
bugzilla, and many portability issues have been identified.

Attached is a rough cut of a detailed portability document for
GCC 4.3, compiled with the assistance of Fedora and Debian activists.
(Particular thanks to Jakub J and Martin Michlmayr). Currently it lists
the major issues each distribution has found when upgrading (minus ICE
type errors). It is our goal to have a detailed guide for users of GCC
who wish to upgrade, hosted on the gcc.gnu.org site. Although we'd
initially thought of putting this on the GCC wiki, the current thought
is a better placement would be to put this alongside the release notes,
ie:

http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/changes.html

would be joined by

http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html

This would imply that the porting document would be checked in to
wwwdocs and available to all the usual GCC contributors to edit and
update.

As such, I'd like to get a general indication from the greater GCC
community as to this plan. Does this document seem like a good idea?
(Previously, we've left this kind of document to the user community.
Often the passage of time has not been particularly kind to these
links.) Is the suggested placement ok for everybody?

If this is ok, some editing of duplicate info from changes.html should
take place. I volunteer to do this.

And, finally, we'd need an ok from the wwwdocs head dude, Gerald.

Thoughts and comments?

best,
benjamin