Re: Changes in C++ FE regarding pedwarns to be errors are harmful

Wednesday 09 January 2008 00:51:32 tarihinde ÅunlarÄ yazmÄÅtÄnÄz:
> > Oh that clears up my confusion. So the right fix would be downgrading
> > this redefinition problem to be pedwarn instead. But I see no point in
> > creating a bug report if its just gonna be closed as invalid, so I hope
> > we can discuss if its feasible to downgrade this error to be a pedwarn.
> >
> > What I see right now this distributions plug -fpermissive in and just go
> > away. But I don't like workarounding gcc this way. I hope we can all
> > agree that downrading this error to be a pedwarn is the correct way to
> > go.
>
> I am sorry you didn't understand my email and didn't read it
> completely. I tried my best.

Sorry for misunderstanding, Andrew pointed out how I get it all wrong. Reading
your mail again, you propose two possible fixes. Like you I am not in the
position to see which would be the best solution.

So we need C++ FE maintainers to comment if they agree with one of those fixes
at least. Though for me the first solution looks more plausible.

Thanks again,
ismail

--
Never learn by your mistakes, if you do you may never dare to try again.