This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Status of the DLX backend for GCC?
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Nikolaos Kavvadias <nkavv at physics dot auth dot gr>
- Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:37:20 -0600
- Subject: Re: Status of the DLX backend for GCC?
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 10:16 +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> At http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/extensions.html we have a reference
> to the DLX port of GCC, which corresponds to the DLX machine described
> in "Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach" by Hennessy and
> Sadly, the link to http://www-mount.ee.umn.edu/~okeefe/mcerg/gcc-dlx.html
> doesn't work and I failed to find a replacement page. Any pointers?
> On the binutils side I see that Nikolaos has been listed as a maintainer,
> so there may be hope? :-) Otherwise I'm afraid we'll have to remove our
> reference to the DLX port.
What is it exactly you're looking for on that page? That web page was from
my old research group, so if there's something in particular you're looking
for, I can try poking some of the people to see whether they still have the
files. FYI, Aaron Sawdey who now works for IBM doing performance work wrote
that GCC-DLX port.
I'll note that Matt O'keefe who was our research advisor no longer works
at the University of Minnesota so that's why the pages no longer work.