This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What is a regression?
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:05:33 -0800
- Subject: Re: What is a regression?
- References: <471CFD3A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <471E26F9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> I realized that the documentation we currently have up at
> was partly incorrect (only listing P1 to P2) and certainly
> quite incomplete, so I tried to cast my understanding and
> what I found in this thread into a documentation update.
> Thoughts on the patch below (which I have not committed yet)?
I think that's an appropriate patch, for now. I've had some offline
discussions about other changes we might want to make, but let's capture
the current state.
(650) 331-3385 x713