This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: MPFR 2.3.1 Release Candidate
- From: Vincent Lefevre <vincent+gcc at vinc17 dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 06:17:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: MPFR 2.3.1 Release Candidate
- References: <20071229182306.GC6502@ay.vinc17.org> <email@example.com> <076001c84a56$c9155340$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <20071229222539.GA4660@ay.vinc17.org>
On 2007-12-29 23:25:39 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> * Some functions were failing when some global flag was set before
> the call, and unfortunately most tests were done with all flags
> cleared. Now, in the generic tests, all the global flags are
> set before a test with a probability 1/2 (part of r5115).
Unfortunately, there was a bug in these tests, with the consequence
that the value wasn't checked (so, these tests could only detect
assertion failures or freeze). I've just fixed it and another bug
in reciprocal trig/hyperbolic functions which wasn't detected because
of that. If GCC calls these functions with all the flags cleared, it
isn't affected by this bug.
Moreover there is now an mpfrlint script (available via Subversion)
that can be used to detect bad constructs; it should have detected
the above bug, but was incomplete. Again, fixed.
Vincent Lefèvre <firstname.lastname@example.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.org/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arenaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)