Re: Rant about ChangeLog entries and commit messages

Richard Kenner wrote:
(Minor quibble) As copyright owner of GCC, the FSF is not bound by the
conditions of the licence it grants in the same way as licencees are
bound. So I don't think this provision in itself would mandate that
those who have copyright assignments to the FSF record their changes.

I was hoping nobody would notice that. ;-)

Actually I think this is wrong, the FSF holds the copyright by virtue of a copyright assignment which contains the guarantee that the software will be distributed under the GPL (at least that's my recollection of the assignment document).