Re: Regression count, and how to keep bugs around forever

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 10:17:00PM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2007 4:32 PM, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask@sygehus.dk> wrote:
>
> > If you want an additional
> > list of bugs that are being actively worked on (and labelled as such),
> > that's fine (although I have no idea how that list would be useful).
>
> Let's take a bug as an example case: http://gcc.gnu.org/23835
>
> Here, there is a bug report about a huge compile time increase.  The
> release manager decided  that this was not a release blocker for GCC
> 4.2.  So it was marked P4, and it disappeared from the radar for GCC
> 4.3 for everyone who only looks at the "Serious regressions".

   Right. I tend to look at the list of "All regressions" for that reason. I
have also bookmarked about 20 PRs that I'm likely to work on. It does not
come as a surprice to me that one size doesn't fit all. The list of "Serious
regressions" just gives you a peek over the release manager's shoulders. I
use it mainly as an indication of how far away regressions only mode is.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen