Re: Link tests after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 04:07:35PM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> And I haven't yet looked at why the tests are failing.  I was just noting
> that they did.  It looks from PR21185 that Rask was seeing the same thing
> on mipsisa64-elf, and TBH, I was so unsurprised that they were failing that
> I hadn't even realised it was _supposed_ to work now.  I'll have a prod.

mips-core: 1 byte read to unmapped address 0x0 at 0xffffffff80021468
program stopped with signal 10.

There are 8456 such messages at slightly different addresses out of a total
of 8488 failures. And generally, on the targets with problems, the problems
seem to be in the simulation part (dejagnu, the simulator itself or the
linker script) rather than in GCC. For example, the special linker script
used for SPARC testing needs to be updated to handle .e.g. .rodata.*
sections so they don't collide with the .bss section.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen