Re: Errors issued while building GCC

On 28/11/2007, Ankur Gupta <ankur17@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am newly assigned to GNU CC work. I am using Win-xp-sp2 and Cygwin to
> build GCC. I have successfully installed the 'binutils', but while building
> GCC below errors are being issued:

Do you mean that you are going to work on improving GCC or that you
are going to use GCC? For the former you need a copyright assignment.
For the latter, this list is about developing GCC, so please use
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org instead. If it is an important project, your
company may be better off contracting commercial support (this is
well-intentioned advice, I don't provide such support and I don't work
for any company that does, I am just a volunteer).

Actually, I wanted to provide some examples, but I couldn't easily
find a list of companies providing commercial support for GCC.
Shouldn't we have such a list in the website in a prominent place?

Cheers,

Manuel.