PR1634: Request for gcc-cvs-patches list

Hello,

Back when God hadn't invented the dinosaurs yet (7 years ago) Joseph
opened a bug report requesting the creation of a gcc-cvs-patches
mailing list.  The bug report can be found here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/PR1634.

Then, nothing happened for many years, a few comments aside.

Joseph wants to keep this bug report open to help "actively
remembering" people about this open issue, and to track this issue
over time.  To me it seems there is nothing to track if no-one follows
up on te bug report.  And with >4500 open bug report, I also don't see
how people are going to find this one simple requests.  It is like a
needle in the hay stack, and nobody is even looking for the needle.

So I'm taking the issue here.

Do people think it is a good idea to have a gcc-cvs-patches list (or
gcc-svn-patches, also fine), where all patches automatically get sent
to, exactly as they are committed to SVN (maybe in  gzip'ed form)?
This would have been especially useful before GCC started using SVN,
but even today there are some reasons to have this, as discussed in
the bug report.

Personally, I like the idea.  But someone (probably Joseph, as the
requester) should persue the idea.  If sufficient people thing this is
a good idea, we can think about how to implement it.  Or the idea can
be rejected.  In either case, the enhancement can finally be closed.

Gr.
Steven