Re: Designs for better debug info in GCC

On Nov 24, 2007, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2007, Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1@t-online.de> wrote:
>> Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>>> And then, despite the consensus that GCC must not generate different
>>> code with and without -g, the patch that fixes one such regression has
>>> been lingering for months, and the patch that introduced the
>>> regression hasn't been reverted either.

>> Pointers?

> Regression introduced here:

> first reported here:

> last proposed patch here:

I take it back that this patch wasn't approved.  Mark had approved it
on Nov 5, I didn't want to check it in before going on a trip and,
when I returned, I forgot about the approval because it was in an
unrelated thread.  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-11/msg00139.html

I'll shortly check in that one and a bunch of others that also got
approval but that I deferred until my return.