Re: Progress on GCC plugins ?

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

I have a different fear: that gcc will become increasing irrelevant,
as more and more new programmers learn to work on alternative free
compilers instead.  That is neutral with regard to freedom, but it
will tend to lose the many years of experience which have been put
into gcc.  In my view, if we can't even get ourselves together to
permit something as simple as plugins with an unstable API, then we
deserve to lose.

That's precisely my concern.

Diego.