Re: Progress on GCC plugins ?

Quoting Martin Jambor <jamborm@matfyz.cz>:

So as far as attracting new programmers, researchers and inexperienced
students  in  particular  is  concerned,  I  think  that  effort  that
implementing plugins would take would  be much better spent on keeping
documentation up to date,  possibly improving it (hey, Alexander, what
were your  problems, someone  might answer them  on Wiki  for others!)
and, in particular, staying as friendly and forgiving community as you
are (especially on IRC anyway :-).

I certainly agree with this! The same effort spent on documentation rather than on a plugin system would, imho, give greater value. But, as there seems to be a willingness to work on plugins in contrast to the willingness to document, I am supporting progress wherever it is on offer.

The project is over and eventually I solved the problems through sweat and tears. I have the solutions scribbled down somewhere and eventually I mean to put the up on the web somewhere to save others the same pain.