Re: Designs for better debug info in GCC

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> writes:

So...  The compiler is outputting code that tells other tools where to
look for certain variables at run time, but it's putting incorrect
information there.  How can you possibly argue that this is not a code
correctness issue?

I don't see any point to going around this point again, so I'll just note that I disagree.

Well I very much agree. If you are writing certified code, then a number of evidence producing tools rely on the debugging information, and it is a problem if this information is incorrect.