Re: Infinite loop in compiling javax/swing/text/html/parser/HTML_401F.list

> Most of the improvement from my original post comes from
> gnu/javax/swing/text/html/parser/HTML_401F.deps, for which the compile time
> went from over 100 minutes to below 10 (twice due to multilib). For all the
> other pieces of code the saving (if any) was clearly well below a factor 2.
> Does anyone understand what is so special to jc1 and HTML_401F in order to
> explain this order of magnitude?

Very likely because HTML_401F relies heavily on memory partitioning, which is
kind of a fuse that triggers when the number of virtual operands goes to the
roof.  The fix for PR tree-optimization/33870 basically short-circuited it.

--
Eric Botcazou